State Key Laboratory of Estuarine and Coastal Research (SKLEC), East China Normal University
Guidance of SKLEC Open Research Fund
Effective 20 February, 2013
The Open Research Fund of State Key Laboratory of Estuarine and Coastal Research support research projects related to theoretical and applied research of estuarine and coastal discipline. The innovative projects with new ideas, new methods, or neodoxy, which are in the frontier domains or belong to the priority area of estuarine and coastal discipline, will be supported. In order to enhance transdisciplinary research, and promote the development of estuarine and coastal discipline, multi-disciplinary proposals will be encouraged. The main supporting fields are listed below:
1. Estuarine Evolution and Estuarine Sediment Dynamics
1) Quantitative research on system evolution of turbidity maximum zone and river mouth bar
2) Response of estuary to the water and sediment transportation from catchment
3) Quantitative analysis of sediment resources, chronology, and other key problems of sedimentary environment evolution
4) Sediment back siltation mechanism of harbors and channels, and methods for sedimentation reduction
2. Coastal Dynamical Geomorphology and Sediment Process
1) Numerical modeling of hydrodynamics, evolution of sedimentation and river bed development of estuaries and coasts
2) Estuarine and coastal dynamic sediment and geomorphological process
3) Global change and vulnerability assessment of coastal zone
4) Coastal turbid water radiation transfer process and mechanism of water color remote sensing
5) Microwave probing technique and method for shallow water terrain survey
3. Estuarine and Coastal Ecology and Environment
1) Response of estuarine and coastal ecosystem to climate change
2) Transfer of particular organic pollutants in estuarine and coastal area and their ecotoxicological effects
3) Ecological rehabilitation of estuary and coast
4) Application of new technology in marine environment and climate change records
5) Biogeochemical cycling process of material (biogenic elements, trace materials, and pollutants) in marine environment
Instructions for Applicants
1. The application, approval, use of fund, and project management should obey the rules listed in “Open Research Fund General Conditions” of the State Key Laboratory of Estuarine and Coastal Research, East China Normal University.
2. In 2013, two types of funding projects will be considered: 1) Senior Visiting Scholar Fund, which can have a total budget of not more than 0.1 million RMB; and 2) Junior Visiting Scholar Fund, not more than 50 thousand RMB. The project period is 24 months.
3. The applicant should send “SKLEC Research Grant Application” to SKLEC by email (email@example.com) before May 31, 2013.
4. The decision of SKLEC Open Research Grant will be sent back to the applicant by the end of July, 2013. During the supporting period, grantees can participate in academic conference at home and abroad as the visiting researchers of SKLEC.
Contact: Lu Wang
Address: State Key Laboratory of Estuarine and Coastal Research, East China Normal University, 3663 N. North Zhongshan R., Shanghai 200062, China