Nonlinear wave-structure Interaction
Development and Application of the Wave and Hydrodynamic Modelling System
Early Warning System of Coastal Hazards under Extreme Conditions
Extreme Value Analysis of Sea State
University of Plymouth, Coastal Engineering, PhD, 2006.10-2010.7
Tianjin University, Design & Construction of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, MSc, 2003.9-2006.3
Tianjin University, Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, BSc, 1999.9-2003.7
East China Normal University, Key State Laboratory of Estuarine and Coastal Research, Professor, 2020-Present
Fugro GB Marine Ltd., Principal Oceanographer, 2013-2020
Deltares (formerly WL Delft Hydraulics), Researcher/Advisor, 2011-2013
University of Plymouth, Postdoc Research Assistant, 2010-2011
University of Plymouth, Research Assistant (Part-time), 2007-2010
Personal Details :
Available For Postgraduate Supervision
Looking for post-doctoral researchers and assistant/associate professors to join in the team.
- Wave overtopping over a breakwater with a vegetated foreshore, Shanghai Science and Technology Committee， 2021-2024
- Flume Study of Wave-vegetation-structure Interactions, East China Normal University, 2021
- Effective Harmonic analysis with Spectrum Filtering Technique, Fugro R&D Foundation, 2018-2019
- On Spectrum Calibration for Nearshore Wave Transformation, Fugro R&D Foundation, 2017-2018
- Tropical Storm Hindcast for the Gulf of Mexico, Fugro R&D Foundation, 2016-2018
- A Methodology to Characterize Internal Solitons, Fugro R&D Foundation, 2016-2018
- Two-phase Flow Modeling of Wind Influences on Wave Breaking, Physical Oceanography Program of National Science Foundation, 2015-2018
- Comprehensive Wind, Wave and Current Hindcast for Arabian Gulf, Fugro R&D Foundation, 2015-2016
- High resolution and quality controlled Global wave hindcast, Fugro R&D Foundation, 2014-2016
- Online Wave and Hydrodynamics Forecast System, Fugro R&D Foundation, 2014-2016
- Far and Large Offshore Wind innovation program (FLOW), JIP (Van Oord – BAM – RWE – Deltares), 2011-2013
- Ensemble Prediction of Inundation Risk and Uncertainty arising from Scour (EPIRUS), 2007-2011
Consulting Projects (Selected):
- Design criteria, flood risk, and beach stability, Taweelah Reverse Osmosis (RO) desalination plant, UAE
- Hydrodynamic study of archipelagic waters, Papua New Guinea
- Metocean modeling for Hazira, India
- Metocean Design Criteria Study, Argentina
- Tow criteria from Ravenna to Southern Italy
- Oil Spill Modelling in the North Sea
- Seabed Current Assessment of South Africa
- Metocean Criteria at 3 Locations in the Caspian Sea
- Metocean and Sediment Transport Study for the North Field, Qatar
- Metocean Criteria off Vietnam for Riser and Mooring Analysis
- Metocean FEED Criteria for Tolmount Pipeline, UK
- Cyclonic and Non-Cyclonic metocean Criteria, Philippines
- Metocean Conditions in the Dardanelle Straits, Turkey
- Modeling for wave and currents in Hasbah pipeline project, UAE
- Hydrodynamic and Sediment Modelling around Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Design criteria and sediment transport for Al Faw Grand Port, Iraq
- Hydrodynamic Forecast Modelling for Tilbury Port and Hamburg Port
- EIA for a planned jetty outside Port of Gibraltar
- Metocean study for East Anglia Offshore Wind Farm, UK
- Tidal Energy Investigation of the Bay of Fundy, Canada
- Wave impact study for new designed GBS-type wind turbines in offshore windpark Innogy Nordsee 1, German
- Hydrodynamic study for a planned reclamation in Singapore
- Metocean database for ADMA OPCO Oil Fields, UAE
- Metocean study for Blocks SS-04 and SS-09 off Bangladesh
- Xue, L., Li, X., Shi, B., Yang, B., Lin, S., Yuan, Y., Ma, Y., & Peng, Zhong (2021). Pattern-regulated wave attenuation by salt marshes in the Yangtze Estuary, China. Ocean and Coastal Management, 209(May), 105686. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ocecoaman.2021.105686
- Salauddin, M., Peng, Zhong, and Pearson, J. 2021. The effects of wave impacts on toe scouring and overtopping concurrently for permeable shingle foreshores, EGU General Assembly, online, 19–30 Apr 2021, EGU21-548
- Zhong Peng; Qing He. 2020. Impact of toe scour on wave overtopping over a vertical wall, Proceedings of 8th International Conference on the Application of Physical Modelling in Coastal and Port Engineering and Science (CoastLab2020), Zhoushan,China, December 9-12
- Peng, Zhong, Hazel Grant and Richard Sproson. 2019. Effective harmonic analysis with spectrum filtering technique. 38th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore & Arctic Engineering (OMAE2019). Glasgow, UK, June 9 – 14
- Peng, Zhong, Qingping Zou and Pengzhi Lin. 2018. A partial cell technique for modelling the morphological change and scour. Coastal Engineering 131, 88-105
- Peng, Zhong and Jill Bradon. 2018. On Spectrum Calibration for Nearshore Wave Transformation. Proceedings of the 36th International Conference on Coastal Engineering (ICCE 2018). Baltimore, USA, Jul 30 and Aug 3, 2018.
- Henrique Coelho, Zhong Peng, Dave Sproson, and Jill Bradon. 2018. A Methodology to Characterize Internal Solitons in the Ocean. Proceedings of the 37th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore & Artic Engineering (OMAE 2018). June 17-22, 2018, Madrid, Spain.
- Juan Liria, Henrique Coelho, Dave Sproson, Paulo Martinho, Cody Webb, Fernando Oropeza, Jill Bradon, Rosemary Smith, Zhong Peng. 2018. A Novel Approach to Generating A Hurricane Database for The Gulf of Mexico Based on Numerical Weather Prediction Models. Offshore Technology Conference (OTC2018). Houston, Texas, USA, April 30–May 3, 2018.
- Peng, Zhong, and Jill Bradon. 2016. 3-D Comprehensive Hydrodynamic Modelling in the Arabian Gulf. Journal of Coastal Research, SI (75), 547-551.
- Peng, Zhong. 2014. Wave slamming impact on offshore wind turbine foundations. Proceedings of the 34th International Conference on Coastal Engineering (ICCE2014). Seoul. Korea. 15 – 20 June, 2014.
- Qingping Zou, Yongping Chen, Ian Cluckie, Richard Hewston, Shunqi Pan, Zhong Peng, Dominic Reeve. 2013. Ensemble prediction of coastal flood risk arising from overtopping by linking meteorological, ocean, coastal and surf zone models. Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society, Volume 139, Issue 671, pages 298–313
- Peng, Zhong and Raaijmakers T, 2013. Nonlinear Wave Groups Impact on A Cylindrical Wind Turbine Foundation, Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE2013). Nantes, France. June 9-14, 2013.
- Qingping Zou, Zhong Peng and Pengzhi Lin, 2012, Effects Of Wave Breaking And Beach Slope On Toe Scour In Front Of A Vertical Seawall , Proceedings of the 33rd International Conference on Coastal Engineering (ICCE2012). Santander, Spain. July 01-04, 2012,
- Peng, Zhong, Peter Wellens, Tim Raaijmakers, 2012. 3-D numerical modeling of wave run-up on monopiles, Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE 2012). Rio, Brazil. July 1-5, 2012.
- de Graaff, R., D. Majumdar, H. Awda, S. Caires, Zhong Peng, E. Moerman, 2011. Setting a new standard for metocean databases. Offshore Technology Conference (OTC2011). Houston, USA. 2-5 May 2011.
- Peng, Zhong, Qingping Zou, 2011. Numerical study on wave overtopping and its landward spatial distribution over coastal structures. Coastal Engineering. 58(6), pp 489-498
- Qingping Zou, Zhong Peng, 2011. Evolution of wave shape over a low-crested breakwater, Coastal Engineering. 58 (6), pp 478-488
- Peng, Zhong, Qingping Zou, 2010. An investigation on spatial distributions of wave overtopping water using RANS-VOF model, 32nd International Conference on Coastal Engineering (ICCE2010). Shanghai, China. June 30 - July 5, 2010
- Hewston, R., I.D. Cluckie, Q.-P. Zou, D.E. Reeve, S. Pan, Y. Chen, Zhong Peng and X. Lv (2010), Quantifying Uncertainty through the Use of Ensembles in Whole System Modelling of Coastal Flooding, Proceedings of the 9th International conference on Hydroinformatics, Eds. Jianhua Tao, Qiuwen Chen, Shie-Yui Liong. Vol. 3, pp 2117-2124, Chemical Industry Press.
- Peng, Zhong, Qingping Zou, Dominic Reeve, Baoxing Wang, 2009. Parameterisation and transformation of wave asymmetries over a low-crested breakwater. Coastal engineering, 53-54. pp 1123-1132
- Peng, Zhong, Qingping Zou, 2009. Model-Data Comparisons of Wave Shape Changes over Low-Crested Breakwaters, the 6th International Conference on Coastal Dynamics (Coastal Dynamics 2009), Tokyo, Japan, 7th August to 11th September, 2009.
- Zou, Q., Chen, Y., Cluckie, I., Hewston, R., Lv, X., Pan, S., Peng, Z. and Reeve, D., 2009. EPIRUS: an integrated "clouds-to-coast": ensemble modelling framework of coastal flood risk, 11th International Workshop on Wave Hindcasting and Forecasting and Coastal Hazard Symposium, Halifax, Canada.
- Peng, Zhong, Qingping Zou, Baoxing Wang and Dominic Reeve, 2008. Transformation of wave skewness and asymmetry over low-crested breakwaters, Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on Coastal Engineering (ICCE2008). Hamburg, Germany, 31st August to 5th September, 2008.
- Jonathan Pearson, Qingping Zou, lan Guymer and Zhong Peng, 2008. Horizontal and vertical tracer dispersion in the nearshore: Laboratory and numerical results, Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on Coastal Engineering (ICCE2008), Hamburg, Germany, 31st August to 5th September, 2008.
- Peng, Zhong, Qingping Zou, 2008. Numerical analysis of wave transformation over low-crested impermeable breakwater, Proceedings of the 18th International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference (ISOPE2008), Vancouver, Canada, pp. 672-677.
- Peng, Zhong, Qingping Zou and Dominic Reeve, 2007. Transformation of wave skewness and asymmetry over smooth low-crested breakwaters, Flood Risk Assessment II. The Institute of Mathematics and its Applications, Plymouth, UK, pp. 205-210.
- Qingzeng Shi, Zhong Peng, 2005, Discussion on the rational form of conical structure and the rationality of designing the cone on the cylinder for ice force condition, China Offshore Oil and Gas, 17 (05)