Zhongshan N. Road 3663,Shanghai 200062, China.
2007-2012: Peking University, Quaternary Geology, Ph.D
2010-2011: Oxford University, Visiting fellow
2003-2007: Jilin University, Mineral Resources Exploration, B.E
2014-present: State Key Laboratory of Estuarine and Coastal Research, East China Normal University, Assistant Professor
2012-2014: Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Postdoctoral Fellow
1) 57th China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2015M571522). Optically stimulated luminescence dating of loess deposit from Huangnishan in Nantong, Jiangsu Province and Provenance analysis, 2015/05-2017/05.
2) Chinese National Natural Science Foundation (41302135). The chronology for several Paleolithic sites in northern China during the middle-late period of Late Pleistocene, 2014/01-2016/12.
3) 52th China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2012M520383). Optically stimulated luminescence dating of Dingcun paleoanthropological site at Shanxi, 2012/10-2014/10.
Xiaomei Nian, Fuyou Chen, Feng Li, Xing Gao. Optical dating of a Paleolithic site near the eastern coastal region of Shandong, northern China. Quaternary Geochronology, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.quageo.2015.02.009.
Xiaomei Nian, Xing Gao, Liping Zhou, 2014. Chronological studies of Shuidonggou (SDG) Locality 1 and their significance for archaeology. Quaternary International, 347: 5-11.
Xiaomei Nian, Xing Gao, Fei Xie, Huijie Mei, Liping Zhou, 2014. The chronology of Youfang site and its implications for the emergence of microblade technology in North China. Quaternary International, 347: 113-121.
Xiaomei Nian, Richard Bailey, Liping Zhou, 2012. Investigations of the post-IR IRSL protocol applied to single K-feldspar grains from fluvial sediment samples. Radiation Measurements, 47: 703-709.
Xiaomei Nian, Liping Zhou, Jintang Qin, 2009. Comparisons of equivalent dose values obtained with different protocols using a lacustrine sediment sample from Xuchang, China. Radiation Measurements, 44: 512-516.
Xiaomei Nian, Liping Zhou, Baoyin Yuan, 2013. Optically stimulated luminescence dating of terrestrial sediment in Nihewan Basin and its significance in indicating the evolution of ancient Nihewan Lake. Quaternary Sciences (in Chinese with English abstract), 33, 403-414.
Shuwen Pei, Dongwei Niu, Ying Guan, Xiaomei Nian, Kathleen Kuman, Christopher Bae, Xing Gao, 2014. The earliest Late Paleolithic in North China: site formation processes at Shuidonggou Locality 7. Quaternary International, 347: 122-132.
Shuwen Pei, Nongwei Niu, Ying Guan, Xiaomei Nian, Mingjie Yi, Ning Ma, Xiaoli Li, Mohamed Sahnouni, 2015. Middle Pleistocene hominin occupation in the Dangjiangkou Reservoir Region, Central China: Studies of formation processes and stone technology of Maling 2A site. Journal of Archaeological Science, 53: 391-407.
2012: Outstanding Graduates of Beijing City and Peking University
2009: Urban and Environmental Sciences prize (top award in College of Urban and Environmental Sciences, Peking University)
1. 14th International Conference on Luminescence and Electron Spin Resonance Dating, 2014, Canada (Oral)
2. The academic workshop on Nihewan Basin, 2013, America (Oral)
3. International Symposium in Commemoration of the 90th Anniversary of the Discovery of Shuidonggou, 2013, Beijing (Oral)
4. The 3rd Asia Pacific Conference on Luminescence and Electron Spin Resonance dating (APLED-3), 2012, Japan (Oral)
5. Asian Luminescence Dating Workshop, 2011, Beijing (Oral)
6. 13th International Conference on Luminescence and Electron Spin Resonance Dating, 2011, Poland (Poster)
7. UK TL/OSL/ESR Meeting, 2010, UK (Poster)
8. The 2nd Asia-Pacific Conference on Luminescence and Electron Spin Resonance Dating (APLED-2), 2009, India (Oral)
9. International Symposium on Paleoanthropology in Commemoration of the 80th Anniversary of the discovery of the First Skull of Peking Man and The First Conference on Quaternary Research of Asia, 2009, Beijing (Oral)
10. 12th International Conference on Luminescence and Electron Spin Resonance Dating, 2008, Beijing (Poster)