500 Dongchuan Rd.,Shanghai 200241, China
2007-2012: Peking University, Quaternary Geology, Ph.D
2010-2011: Oxford University, Visiting fellow
2003-2007: Jilin University, Mineral Resources Exploration, B.E
2014-present: State Key Laboratory of Estuarine and Coastal Research, East China Normal University, Assistant Professor
2012-2014: Institute of Vertebrate Paleontology and Paleoanthropology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Postdoctoral Fellow
1) 57th China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2015M571522). Optically stimulated luminescence dating of loess deposit from Huangnishan in Nantong, Jiangsu Province and Provenance analysis, 2015/05-2017/05.
2) Chinese National Natural Science Foundation (41302135). The chronology for several Paleolithic sites in northern China during the middle-late period of Late Pleistocene, 2014/01-2016/12.
3) 52th China Postdoctoral Science Foundation (2012M520383). Optically stimulated luminescence dating of Dingcun paleoanthropological site at Shanxi, 2012/10-2014/10.
(19) Feng Wang, Weiguo Zhang, Xiaomei Nian*, Can Ge, Xuanqi Zhao, Qinzi Cheng, Jin Chen, , Simon M. Hutchinson. Refining the late-Holocene coastline and delta development of the northern Yangtze River delta: Combining historical archives and OSL dating. The Holocene,doi:10.1177/0959683619854522.
(18) Xiaomei Nian#*, Weiguo Zhang, Fengyu Qiu, Jintang Qin, Zhanghua Wang, Qianli Sun, Jing Chen, Zhongyuan Chen, Niankai Liu. Luminescence characteristics of quartz from Holocene delta deposits of the Yangtze River and their provenance implications. Quaternary Geochronology, 2019, 49: 131-137
(17) Xiaomei Nian#*, Weiguo Zhang, Zhanghua Wang, Qianli Sun, Jing Chen, Zhongyuan Chen, Simon M Hutchinson, The chronology of a sediment core from incised valley of the Yangtze River delta: comparative OSL and AMS 14C dating. Marine Geology, 2018, 395: 320-330
(16) Xiaomei Nian#*, Weiguo Zhang, Zhanghua Wang, Qianli Sun, Jing Chen, Zhongyuan Chen. Optical dating of Holocene sediments from the Yangtze River Delta, China. Quaternary International, 2018, 467: 251-263
(15) Feng Wang, Xiaomei Nian*, Jinlong Wang, Weiguo Zhang, Guyu Peng, Can Ge, Chenyin Dong, Daoji Li. Multiple dating approaches applied to the recent sediments in the Yangtze River (Changjiang) subaqueous delta. The Holocene, 2018, 28: 858-866
(14) Xiaoling Zhang, Bibu Ha, Shejiang Wang, Zujun Chen, Junyi Ge*, Hao Long, Wei He, Wa Da, Xiaomei Nian, Mingjie Yi, Xinying Zhou, Peiqi Zhang, Yingshuai Jin, Ofer Bar-Yosef, John W. Olsen, Xing Gao*, 2018. The earliest human occupation of the high-altitude Tibetan Plateau 40 thousand to 30 thousand years ago. Science, 362: 1049-1051
(13) Zhanghua Wang#*, Yoshiki Saito, Qing Zhan, Xiaomei Nian, Dadong Pan, Long Wang, Ting Chen, Jianlei Xie, Xiao Li, Xuezhong Jiang. Three-dimensional evolution of the Yangtze River mouth, China during the Holocene: impacts of sea level, climate and human activity. Earth-Science Reviews, 2018, 185: 938-955
(12) Zhanghua Wang#*, David B. Ryves, Shao Lei, Xiaomei Nian, Ye Lv, Liang Tang, Long Wang, Jiehua Wang, Jie Chen. Middle Holocene marine flooding and human response in the south Yangtze coastal plain, East China. Quaternary Science Reviews, 2018, 187: 80-93
(11) 年小美#*, 张卫国. 光释光技术在我国海岸晚第四纪沉积测年中的应用. 第四纪研究, 2018, 38: 573-586
(10) Zhanyang Li, Xiujie Wu*, Liping Zhou, Wu Liu, Xing Gao, Xiaomei Nian, Erik Trinkaus*, Late Pleistocene archaic human crania from Xuchang, China, Science, 2017, 355: 969-972
(9) Xiaomei Nian#*, Feng Li, Fuyou Chen, Weiguo Zhang, Yuchao Zhao, Jing Zhou, Xing Gao, Optically stimulated luminescence ages for human occupation during the penultimate glaciation in the western Loess Plateau of China, Journal of Quaternary Science, 2016, 31: 928-935
(8) Xiaomei Nian#*, Fuyou Chen*, Feng Li, Xing Gao, Optical dating of a Paleolithic site near the eastern coastal region of Shandong, northern China, Quaternary Geochronology, 2015, 30: 466-471
(7) Shuwen Pei#*, Dongwei Niu, Ying Guan, Xiaomei Nian, Mingjie Yi, Ning Ma, Xiaoli Li, Mohamed Sahnouni. Middle Pleistocene hominin occupation in the Danjiangkou Reservoir Region, Central China: studies of formation processes and stone technology of Maling 2A site. Journal of Archaeological Science, 2015, 53: 391-407
(6) Xiaomei Nian#*, Xing Gao, Liping Zhou, Chronological studies of Shuidonggou (SDG) Locality 1 and their significance for archaeology, Quaternary International, 2014, 347: 5-11
(5) Xiaomei Nian#*, Xing Gao, Fei Xie, Huijie Mei, Liping Zhou, The chronology of Youfang site and its implications for the emergence of microblade technology in North China, Quaternary International, 2014, 347: 113-121
(4) Shuwen Pei#*, Dongwei Niu, Ying Guan, Xiaomei Nian, Kathleen Kuman, Christopher J. Bae, Xing Gao. The earliest Late Paleolithic in North China: site formation processes at Shuidonggou Locality 7. Quaternary International, 2014, 347: 122-132
(3) 年小美#*, 周力平, 袁宝印. 泥河湾陆相沉积物的光释光年代学研究及其对古湖泊演化的指示意义. 第四纪研究, 2013, 33: 1-13
(2) Xiaomei Nian#*, Richard Bailey, Liping Zhou, Investigations of the post-IR IRSL protocol applied to single K-feldspar grains from fluvial sediment samples. Radiation Measurements, 2012, 47: 703-709
(1) Xiaomei Nian#*, Liping Zhou, Jintang Qin, Comparisons of equivalent dose values obtained with different protocols using a lacustrine sediment sample from Xuchang, China. Radiation Measurements, 2009, 44: 512-516
2012: Outstanding Graduates of Beijing City and Peking University
2009: Urban and Environmental Sciences prize (top award in College of Urban and Environmental Sciences, Peking University)